The process for production of plaster of Paris consists of the following operations:
- Quarrying & Storage of Gypsum
- Grinding of gypsum
- Heating in the iron retort
- Firstly, Gypsum or calcium sulphate dehydrate is quarried from the quarry & then the raw material gypsum is sorted and washed with water for removal of sand and other impurities.
- The lumps thus obtained are then dried and powdered in pulverizer. The dried gypsum powder is calcined in a rotary drumcalciner using Coal as fuel.
- The low pressure burner is used for calcination at a temperature of 160ºC to 180ºC.
- The process of calcination is done over a period of about 2 hours, so that one and half molecules of water is removed to convert the gypsum (CaSO4.2H2O) into plaster of paris (CaSO4.1/2 H2O).
- After cooling, the product (plaster of paris) is further pulverised to a fineness of 200 mesh.
- At last, the product obtained (i.e. Plaster of Paris) is packed in air tight polythene lined gunny bags of 20kg, 25kg & 40kg to avoid the plaster of paris from absorption of moisture.
Conducted under the close supervision of our expert Quality Assurance Personnel, this process results in the premium quality . Gypsum Powder ( P.O.P.) Mixing Process
Packaged to your Advantage:
- First, Extract the Plaster of Paris from the plaster Package using a dry Vessel according to your project requirements: Use only Clean Vessels & dustfree surface to use the Plaster.
- Now, Pour clean, lukewarm water into an empty, flexible mixing container: The amount of water should be approximately one third the total amount of plaster extracted from the package.
- Add dry Plaster to the water slowly: Gradually pick up handfuls and sift the powder through your fingers. This will break up the clumps.
- Now, Stir the Mixture of Water & Plaster for 2-3 minutes: Avoid mixing the plaster with your hands.
- Now leave the obtained mixture for 2 minutes: Let it stand during the time that you make any final preparations for your project.
- To make the mixture thick, stir the mixture slowly till the mixture becomes thick: Avoid mixing the plaster with your hands.
- At last, Try to eliminate any lumps and break them up: When thoroughly mixed, the plaster is ready to use in your project.
Tamper-proof and weatherproof packaging of all the Bigrock products guarantees no loss of material, or its quality or efficiency, during transit. Moreover, thoroughly inspected and approved products can be delivered on time, at client's desired and specified location, while adhering to dispatch schedules. Bigrock plaster products are packed in sealed moisture-proof bags, in the packaging of 1 Kg, 5 Kg, 20 kg and 25kg. This is to ensure that the products reach in the same perfect condition as they come from the production line.